Sunday, October 4, 2015

2015 September Favorites

Now that September's over, I figured I'd make a post about the products I'd been using and liking the most throughout the past month.

1. Elf Shimmer Palette, $3

Since making my post about this, I've been liking it even more. Before, I had mentioned how the colors all looked fairly similar when applied, but I've actually starting liking the subtle color more. They still have a slight hint of the color, but just enough so that it looks like more of a natural glow than a really bright highlight if it isn't applied too heavily. It gives a really nice glow and since they're creams, they work really well on my dry skin.

2. Burt's Bees Lip Shimmer in Caramel, $5

I have this in Caramel, which is a very nude color. It looks like my natural lip color but brighter and with more shine. It doesn't have too much shimmer and looks very natural on. It's hydrating and is basically like a little shimmery tinted lip balm. This also has a bit of a peppermint flavor and smells really nice.

3. Urban Decay Naked Skin Concealer, $28

This is my favorite concealer I've tried so far. It feels light and blends out smoothly. As an undereye concealer, this has minimal creasing, and as it's advertised, feels weightless. Overall, it's just a really nice concealer.

4. Wet n Wild MegaSlicks Balm Stain in Caffeine Fix and Truffle in Paradise, $2.99 each

I have a post on these, where I describe in detail how much I like these. My two favorite colors right now are Caffeine Fix, a slightly darker nude, and Truffle in Paradise, a dark brownish shade. I really like Caffeine Fix for a nude lip and Truffle in Paradise when I'm want a darker lip for fall and for the color it stains my lips.

5. Elf Studio High Definition Undereye Setting Powder, $3

I've been using this setting powder with my Naked Skin concealer and it makes it so that my concealer doesn't crease at all. It does have some shimmer in it, but it doesn't transfer to your undereyes, so you won't end up looking like you have sparkly undereyes.

6. BareMinerals 5 in 1 BB Cream Eyeshadow SPF 15 in Divine Wine, $18

I have a little tube of this from either an Ipsy bag or Birchbox a while ago. Lately, I've started liking this a lot more, especially on days when I don't feel like doing my eye makeup, I'll just put this on and blend it out with my fingers. It has some shimmer in it, but only a very small amount, and over time I found that they wore off anyway. It adds a really nice simple color to the eyelids and quickly dries to a matte powder finish.

Those are the products I liked the most in September. What are yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment