Friday, September 25, 2015

e.l.f. Studio Shimmer Palette Review and Swatches

The e.l.f. Studio Shimmer Palette is a highlighting palette currently only available on the elf website. On the site, it's described as weightless and creamy, and is supposed to give your skin a healthy and natural glow. It's $3 and comes with four shades- white, peach. bronze, and pink.
Swatched, no flash.
With flash.
Here, I swatched them on pretty thickly to better show the different colors, but I noticed that when I was applying them lightly to my face that they all ended up looking fairly similar in color. As for the formula, the first thing I noticed when applying them with my fingers was that it feels like they literally melt when touched. They don't feel heavy at all on and a thin layer gives plenty of shimmer. They apply very smoothly and were easy to blend out.

Something I'd also like to mention is that when I was looking at reviews on the website, a lot of people thought this was an eyeshadow palette or that it was powder. I wouldn't recommend using this as anything other than what it seems to be meant for, which is a cream highlighting palette.


For $3, this is a pretty nice cream highlighter palette. The only con is really that the colors end up looking so similar if applied thinly. If you like shimmery highlights, I'd say give this a go.

No comments:

Post a Comment